2/24/09

Adding some color to your life



(images via living etc.)

Rich deliberate color makes such a powerful statement. Refresh your interiors by adding just one bright colored piece. It could be an old desk, chair, mirror, table. Get to your local store and make a paint purchase...get out on that limb and choose a good strong color. Paint your piece and liven up your space. For a few bucks, you have an instant showpiece. Imagine a hot pink mirror! You know the one collecting dust in your attic. You won't be dissapointed. Throw in a coordinating pillow, a throw, or a vase to pull it all together.

I love the different use of plums in the top image, although I am not a fan of floral wall papers. Plum is huge these days. Try pairing it up with lemon or golden yellow to really make the color pop.The second image just feels like spring to me. The cool stripes and bright green on a white backdrop gives the color a crisp center stage profile. The last image is something I have been seeing a lot of...mixing black and white patterns with color...eclectic and sophisticated.

“I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately,

I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life,

To put to rout all that was not life

and not when I had come to die

Discover that I had not lived.”


--Henry David Thoreau, Walden

No comments: