3/26/09

warm weather

{i can't wait...image via ffffound}

There is an island, Washburn's Island on Martha's Vineyard sound nestled in between a peninsula and Waquoit Bay. If you are a kayaker in NE you may know of the place. I have been going there in the summertime since I was about 13 years old, first with friends on their boats having fun. Days filled with water skiing, knee boarding, flirting and swimming. These days, I take my own children who play with the children of those friends of mine. It is pretty nice to see life come full circle and to sit back and watch your children enjoying the same magical place.

Today the beach is filled with boaters, unlike my days there. There are a few campsites and kayak trips can be booked through EMS or you can stop by Edward's Boat Yard on RT. 28 in Falmouth and rent your own adventure.


If you do end up on the island with friends, make sure you stay until everyone else leaves and enjoy the low sun. It is the best time to enjoy your family and take amazing photographs...just be careful of low tide!

I wonder how many times we will get to Falmouth this summer with crazy schedules? I wonder if we will go back to Brasov? I wonder how many days of sunshine and late summer evenings with friends there will be? I can't wait for the adventures, the smell of the ocean and the warm sun on my face.

No comments: