3/16/09

Discovery...

{Image by BarbaraVidal via the Drifter and the Gypsy}

When your mother tells you that you have a gypsy spirit as a child, you tend to listen to it, believe it and in a way--become it. I did not really know what a gypsy was, but she dressed me as one for a few Halloweens before I could declare my own right to art direct the project, once she got me out of the trees.

Today I discovered a beautiful blog full of everything I love. It reminds me of childhood and retrospective memories. It is called The Drifter and the Gypsy
. I am seriously in love with Micaela's writing style and the imagery, which is subdued and light, like a misty morning lake for polar bear swim at summer camp. It is like home! Micaela, you have sincerely captured me!

The quote of Jack Kerouac that I read on your pages about inspirational people is now a favorite of mine.

"The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars."
~Jack Keruoac

Merci, Micaela!

No comments: