1/18/09

Doors


Old world areas appeal to me, as the States have fairly new structures. Our country is a baby compared to European cities. I am really drawn to old world communities. Image of the turquoise door called Greek Isles "OIA Turquois Doors" via Tarickisfineart.

Not so old world, but originality at it's finest, this copper metal door with it's spidery root like handle looks custom and handcrafted. Yum, seductive and enchanting. This door makes you wonder what is on the other side. "patina door" via vered galor fine photography.



My favorite and most artistic is this door from Arles, France by Keiko Oikawa a gifted Japanese photographer living in the UK. Thank you Keiko for sharing your images. For those of you that love photography that makes you experience something, Keiko's have a zen-like feel. I am just loving them! Images via her personal site Nordlijus.com.

Trying to photograph the door while getting my footing, this little cat snuck by as the old woman closed the doors abruptly. I guess there was too much conversation outside and she and the cat needed to get away. If you look closely you can see the top of her head.

Sigishoara, RO 2008 by me.


A door just opened on a street

A door just opened on a street--
I, lost, was passing by--
An instant's width of warmth disclosed
And wealth, and company.

The door as sudden shut, and I,
I, lost, was passing by,--
Lost doubly, but by contrast most,
Enlightening misery.

-Emily Dickinson


No comments: